I hope all of you felt my pain after reading my latest entry about yoga.
This week's winner is...EMILY! Her comment included this wonderful line "I would have them pull up on hips as hard as they could, and then maybe have them lift my legs into an "inversion" (ie a handstand)- fun!" Emily is probably the only person I can see actually being able to pull off an "inversion." Thanks for playing Duffy, your prize is in Guatemala waiting for you!
CONCLUSION: Well...since I am a rather spiteful person I did hold the uncomfortable yoga position and actually, kind of, started feeling a little bit interested in the art of yoga--but I didn't let anyone know it of course. For all of you who have answered Yoga's higher calling--Congratulations. As for me, I will just stick to running.
If you would like to find out more about the PE or Yoga classes offered through PSU at the Peter Stott Center, visit www.pdx.edu for a complete listing of courses.
Now for my latest entry...
I wish I could tell you that I am one of those girls who haven’t thought much about her wedding, but saying that would be a LIE. Instead I will admit that I think about my wedding constantly—when I am brushing my teeth, when I am waiting for traffic to move during rush hour, even when I am eating dinner with Josh. I don’t necessarily try to predict the feeling I will have of finally uniting in holy matrimony with the man I love; I mainly plan out every intricate detail of the reception and the ceremony. I am not completely obsessive. I would rather consider myself a “good planner” or an “informed consumer.” There are various aspects of the wedding that I have researched to some extend and I would like to share them with you. There are just too many good ideas to keep in this brilliant mind of mine.
*The Dress—Perhaps the crown jewel of the event, my dress will be the purest of white with a wonderful flattering neckline--very simple, yet extremely elegant, similar to my personality of course. My hair swept up and topped with a modest diamond tiara. Also, around my neck I will wear a string of pearls given to me by my father on my 23rd birthday and on my feet—Birkenstocks. (I know Birkenstocks may seem a bit odd, but during many of my life changing events I was wearing Birkenstocks—so really it only seems right to get married in them as well.)
*The Flowers—The wedding party and my bouquets will be made of the finest flowers of the late summer season. After observing the typical plants featured in flower shops through out the year, I have found that late August produces the most brilliant red, burnt orange, and magenta flowers. The vibrant late summer/early fall colors will look radiant against my pure white dress and blend in wonderfully with the bridesmaid gowns (which is the next bullet point).
*The Bridesmaids and Maid of Honor (Finalists for these positions will be announced closer to the actual event date)—The dresses for my wedding party will be made of a rich red material. I wanted to infuse the Chinese traditional red color into the color scheme of the event. Each bridesmaid will be able to pick the design of dress that flatters her best, just as long as it comes in the same red color as the rest of the bridesmaids.
So, there are a few details I haven’t quite finalized, but since I probably have some time to work them out I won’t stress just yet.
The following details of the wedding still need a little work:
*The Groom—Probably the second most important role in the event. I haven’t quite cast the male co-star but of course I have someone in mind (Josh), hint hint.
*The Food at the Reception—Steak or Fried Chicken or BOTH? Both so tasty, it's a hard choice!
*The RING!—While this really is the groom’s deal, I think I should have complete control over the ring I will be wearing for the rest of my life. So, to be the “informed bride” that I am, I have visited many jewelry counters and engagement ring websites.
One day, while scanning over the cubic zirconium selection of Nordstrom’s "oversized fake rings for rich, stuffy women" department I found the exact replica of MY wedding band. Despite the fact that the princess cut square gem with matching bejeweled band was a rather small size—ok, I might have been a toe ring—I decided to cram it on to my ring finger anyway. The thrill of seeing such a beautiful ring on my hand made my adrenalin go crazy. Images of my perfect wedding flashed in my head--the flowers, the dress, the cake—I became very warm, so warm I started sweating. My hands and fingers began to swell--making the ring virtually impossible to remove!
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
Would kindly pay for the ring stuck on your finger and figure out a way to explain to Josh and everyone else why there was a fake wedding band on your hand, or would you cut the ring/finger off?
Find out what Jolina did in the next entry of “What Would Jolina Do?”
What would Jolina do?
Have you ever found yourself saying "If I were you...I would have..." Well, now you can tell Jolina what you would have done, if you were in her shoes. On this site Jolina will share her exciting, thrilling, and mostly embarrassing moments with you, but before she tells you how she handled each situation she first asks "what would YOU do?" Jolina would really like to the increase number of participants for this blog. Share What Would Jolina Do? with your friends and make comments.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home